Credit Reports / Employment / Tenant Screening by Argus Search Inc.
Argus is pleased to offer, in partnership with Equifax, credit reporting capabilities, tenant screening, and evictions reports.
For Every Credit Report Ordered:
- Have a Permissible Purpose
- Ensure an applicant-signed Employment Release Form or Tenant Release Form is faxed to 866-276-8819 and you retain a copy for two years
- Advise applicant whether or not approved; view sample Acceptance and Declination letters
- Consumer Bill of Rights given to all applicants with their credit report, including a declination letter should you not hire the candidate due to their credit.
To Access Credit Reports:
- Become an Argus Search Client
- Fax to us the following: (866-276-8819)
- First Page of the Signed End User Agreement
- Copy of Building Lease
- Copy of Current Principal or Owner's Driver's License
- Copy of Business License OR Federal or State Tax ID Certificate
Once we receive the above documentation, Argus-Search will schedule a third-party on-site visit by an Equifax-Approved Provider, Global Compliance. (one-time $65 charge)
NOTE: For publicly traded companies, we will not need:
- a credit report
- a driver's license on the principal
- a copy of the lease for the business
Some types of businesses are barred from accessing credit reports: View the List
In the event an employer plans to take any adverse action based wholly or in part upon information contained in a consumer report, the FCRA requires the employer to make certain notifications to the applicant or employee. Once you receive a credit report, should you have any questions, please refer to our Credit FAQs for more information. If you still don't find the information you need, please contact one of us here at Argus to answer your questions.
If you have recently been denied credit or employment based on a credit report, here's a place to start:
Fix your Equifax Credit Report
Become A Client